Google
 

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Obama: "I'm not a dictator"

Today, the WSJ points out a fascinating conversation between a CNN reporter and our President:

Yellin: Mr. President, to your question, what could you do--first of all, couldn't you just have them down here and refuse to let them leave the room until you have a deal?
Obama: I mean, Jessica, I am not a dictator. I'm the President. So, ultimately, if Mitch McConnell or John Boehner say, we need to go to catch a plane, I can't have Secret Service block the doorway, right?
Why isn't Ms. Yellin asking the President to compromise?  Why isn't she urging him that any deal is better than inaction, even if he doesn't get what he wants?  Why isn't he being encouraged to 'move to the center'?

Well, it's because 'compromise' and 'move to the center' is code for 'do what the liberals want'.  Compromising with Republicans takes things in a direction that CNN finds totally unbearable.  Hence, the idea just never seems to come up.