Google
 

Thursday, June 28, 2007

So, what exactly are we doing here?

I wanted to get some content up here before I tried to explain why I'm here, and why I hope you're here.

Simply put, I'm here because I can be. Literally ANYONE with a computer and an Internet connection can be an opinion journalist today. I participated in a blog owned by my best friend for about a year, but I just didn't fit in there, so I left. However, I always enjoyed adding my sarcastic snark to the news of the day.

I'll comment on current events, politics, and the totally outrageous. I'll talk about cars, hockey, the economy, personal finance, and family. My opinions are my own, and my political leanings will be abundantly clear.

Also, I will never allow comments on my blog. There are several reasons for this. When you have a blog, and you discuss politics, very quickly a debate begins. That's great. But equally quickly the conversation degrades into personal attacks, threats of violence, and the like. Pretty soon, the owner of the blog starts banning people, tracking IPs, writing posts explaining why people are being banned, being accused of hating the 1st amendment, etc. And none of this is what I want to cover.

So, if one day you read something here that really ticks you off, and you feel compelled to comment on it and put me in my place...

Go get your own blog, reference my post, link back here, and tell the whole world how annoying I am. It's easy, it's free, and so far it's been a lot of fun for me. You might agree.